THRIVE Vanilla Ice Cream Base
by Todd Leonard CEC
Total Time: 100 min
Prep Time: 90 min
Cook Time: 10 min
3 tbsp. THRIVE Instant Milk
1 c. water, for milk
2 c. heavy cream
1 c. Cane Sugar
1/2 c. THRIVE Scrambled Egg Mix
3/4 c. water (for eggs)
1 1/2 tbsp. THRIVE vanilla powder
1/2 tsp. coconut extract
1/4 tsp. salt
- Heat instant milk, 1 cup water and cream together until just comes to simmer.
- Mix scrambled eggs, 3/4 cup water, sugar, vanilla and salt together in separate bowl.
- Temper egg mixture with hot milk and cream by adding the hot cream slowly to the eggs while stirring.
- After combined, add the custard back into the pot and heat until slightly thickened.
- Strain and chill. (for quick chill, place in ice bath and stir well.) Stir and store in fridge or freezer.
- Add to ice cream machine after completely chilled and freeze according to manufacturer’s freezing instructions.